Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy New Year! Feliz Año Nuevo! Hyvää Uutta Vuotta!




It's been quite the year! Just 12 short months ago our little family of two packed our bags and moved from Liège, Belgium (a little town with a population of less than 200,000) to Mexico City (a little town with population of 21,000,000 and counting). We found a new apartment, new jobs (more about that later), and had lots of fun adventures (you can read about some of them here). In addition, my blog was chosen as Expat.com's blog of the month and my short story was published by Drunken Pen Writing (hurray!!).

As tomorrow also marks the beginning of a new decade, I want to now take a quick look at how my life has changed in the past ten years. Ten years ago this time I was getting ready for my internship in Luxembourg as a translator trainee. Little did I know then that about two years later I would be moving to Portugal only to move to Belgium three years after that, and to Mexico three years after that. In these past ten years I've graduated from university (with a master's degree in English Translation), found the love of my life and gotten engaged, met a bunch of new people, made some great friends, had a gazillion different jobs, started this blog, published a couple of stories, learned a few new languages and brushed up a couple of old ones.

My life can be a lot of things, but uneventful it is not, and by the looks of it, next year is not going to be an exception.

I want to wish all my readers a fantastic new year! Bring on 2020 - I'm ready 😎!!

No comments:

Post a Comment